Build A Healthy Lunchbox!
Packing a healthy lunchbox does not need to be time-consuming and challenging. Pick a food item from each of the sections below to build your ideal, balanced lunchbox!
Top tips for a healthy lunchbox:
- Cover all food groups (starch, protein, fat, fruit & vegetables).
- Choose whole-grains such as whole-wheat crackers, whole-wheat bread, whole-wheat wraps, whole wheat pitas).
- Choose lean proteins such as chicken, tuna, lean biltong, eggs, chickpeas, lentils.
- Choose a healthy fat. Check the label to ensure that the saturated fat content is LESS than 1.5 grams of saturated fat per 100 grams.
- Pack in a fruit or two. They are full of nutrients and antioxidants.
- Pack in as many veggies as you want! The more colours, the better!
- Always take a bottle of water.
Are you looking for more advice on your or your child's nutrition?
Book your consultation here
Do you have more questions before booking your consultation? Schedule a FREE 15 minute online Zoom session here
Follow Caylin Goodchild Dietitian on Facebook
Follow Caylin Goodchild Dietitian on Instagram
Subscribe to my YouTube channel